Sunday 20 April 2014

This Week #1


This week has been a real mixed bag. I've been everything and nothing. Introvert and extrovert. 

Monday through Wednesday was great, my head was full with new ideas, goals and desires. I was able to accomplish a lot - my writing progressed immensely! I clear my head and even spent an evening with some friends. All of which felt great!

Towards the second half of the week I think I lost my footing a little. My judgement became clouded and my self awareness wasn't what I hoped it would be. A few lousy nights of little sleep didn't aid me, at all.

Sometimes, my perfectionism is detrimental and becomes a more self destructive than anything else.




Now, that's not to say the end of this week was a total flop. I spent Friday in Leeds with my younger sister. I'm glad she's got her priorities right, she's smart and has the whole world ready for her, just as she is.

In a little under two weeks my Dad and I are taking the weekend to visit some family in Italy. I'm hopeful this will be a chance for me to gain a little headspace and surround myself with humbling souls.




This week's teaching: "Are you scared? Or are you not ready? There's a difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment