Monday 1 September 2014

Dear September...


The hazy summer days are done now, that's something I can't quite grasp. They somehow managed to blur in to one and I lost all sense of time and responsibility.

September, you've certainly come around a lot sooner than I expected. I thought I'd feel apprehensive because eighteen sounds like an age where you should be free and have it completely figured out at the same time. And I don't really think I'm any of those things, which is just fine.
Instead, I feel appreciative. For the little things. I'm happy to be here. To experience Autumn and colder sunshine. To be able to welcome the morning breezes that will softly dance around me. Many aren't so lucky. So here's to the smaller chunks of happiness. To being here. Being mindful. Appreciating every second.

Here we go, September, let's make eighteen the best yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment